Welcome to the #ShredStrong team, Reader!
Thanks for joining and HUGE high fives to you! The program starts on Monday, October 11th, so I want to make sure you have everything you need to get started.
You need to do the following before Monday:
- Let me know if you want the barbell program or the bands+bodyweight-dumbbells program, by filling this short form out (ignore this if you already completed the "waitlist form" earlier).
- Sign the e-waiver here. (A link was already sent to you in the training app.)
- Join the Shred Strong Facebook group here. You can also join the Shift Human Performance FB group here if you want some more nutrition talk. 😉🥞
I recommend having these items to make your workouts easier:
- Perform Better mini bands from Amazon ($17.95 - this is not an affiliate link).
- Thicker bands with handles and a door anchor ($69 - yes, you can find a cheaper set on Amazon, but many of them can break and are cheap for a reason - this is not an affiliate link). Or, get these bands for only $20; it's a smaller set of bands without a door anchor - your choice.
- Foam roller (yes, these work if you use them intentionally). I like this one, but use a cheaper one or whatever one you have.
- A lacrosse ball, tennis ball, softball, or any yoga mobility ball for working out knots (again, these work if you use them intentionally - I'll show you how).
- Check your email for my invitation to download the training app, Trainerize, if you're new to #ShredStrong. Set-up your account and explore the app a bit.
- Please watch this video that explains how to use the training app (it references the last launch, but it applies to this one as well).
- Get excited!
You will see the workouts in the app starting on Monday morning when you wake up. Monday will be a rest day of walking or doing something more relaxing after a busy weekend spent on two wheels, riding hard (and some of you are going to a wedding this weekend, ahem... whiskey, anyone? 😉), so you can ease into your week. Remember, you can move your workouts around on the calendar in the app to fit your schedule.
I can't wait to get started with you next week! If you have any questions, reply to this email.
Hugs + high fives,