I'm happy to have you on the team, [FIRST NAME GOES HERE]!
Since the new cycle of the program starts on Monday, October 11th, I wanted to send you the attached Training Guide:
Pay keen attention to pages 4-5 to get familiar with the terminology I'll be using with RIR (Reps In Reserve) and RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion). You don't depend on power meters and technology/wearables in this program - you'll learn how to read your own body without depending on these things.
If you haven't already, please do following ASAP before the end of the day on Saturday the 9th so I can get you setup (if you're a current/former Shred Strong team member, you can skip these steps unless you want to change programs):
- Let me know if you want the barbell program or the bands+bodyweight-dumbbells program, by filling out this short form.
- Sign the e-waiver here.
- Join the Shred Strong Facebook group here.
- You can also join the Shift Human Performance FB group here if you want some more nutrition-centric talk.
Get these items to make your workouts easier if you are working out at home (most gyms have these):
- Perform Better mini bands from Amazon ($17.95 - this is not an affiliate link).
- Thicker bands with handles and a door anchor ($69 - yes, you can find a cheaper set on Amazon, but many of them can break and are cheap for a reason - this is not an affiliate link). Or, get these bands for only $20; it's a smaller set of bands without a door anchor - your choice. You may only need the door anchor if you are not working out at a gym (because then you can tie the bands to the squat rack).
- A foam roller. I like this one, but use a cheaper one or whatever one you have.
- A lacrosse ball, tennis ball, softball, or any yoga mobility ball for working out knots (again, these work if you use them intentionally - I'll show you how).
- Watch this video that explains how to use the training app (it references the last launch, but it applies to this one as well).
You'll see the workouts in the app starting no later than Monday morning. Monday will be a rest day after a busy weekend spent on two wheels. Remember, you can move your workouts around on the calendar in the app to fit your schedule.
I can't wait to get started with you on Monday! If you have any questions, reply to this email - I'll be a bit delayed since I have family visiting me this weekend, so thanks for your patience.
Hugs + high fives,